SO THEN, WHO ARE THE RAFFERTYS?
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
Born and raised in The New Forest, Jodie was the eldest of three daughters and grew up alongside her sisters Sunnie and Eloise. Their early childhood was spent with their Grandparents at Norleywood Cottage. Their Grandfather Harold, a New Forest Keeper managed the forest between Brockenhurst and Beaulieu. Roundhills Camp was included in his Forest beat as well as the sika deer in the Frame Heath Enclosure – there was never a dull moment.
It was clear from early on that Jodie had no plans to become the fifth generation of New Forest Keepers and sadly the tradition ended for the Cutler family when Harold retired.
Desperate to escape the forest and head for the big lights, Jodie studied at Brockenhurst College (where she met her future husband Martyn) and went on to study at Northumbria University. It was during their studies that they decided to settle in Martyn’s home town in Co Durham. It was on Grey Street in Newcastle where Jodie joined one of the biggest Recruitment Consultancies in the North East and embarked on a career in the world of recruitment.
During her time in the North East Jodie worked on site for some of the largest banks and utilities companies in the UK, managing volume recruitment and sourcing for niche sector candidates. In 2011 the family relocated back to the south and four years later Rafferty Resourcing was launched, it’s fair to say it’s been a whirlwind since…
- Best Candidate Experience – IRP Awards – Winner
- Best Client & Candidate Experience – IRP Awards – Winner
- Business Leader of the Year – IRP Awards – Finalist
- Recruitment Start Up Trailblazers – Recruiter Magazine
- Best Family Run Recruitment Consultancy – SME News
- Business Mother of the Year – Natwest Venus Awards
A SMALL TEAM DOING BIG THINGS
Founder and Director
- Mum to four naughty Dachshunds
- Happiest in her wellies
- Wanted to be a Fighter Pilot
- D of E Leader at Purbrook Park
- Happiest when he's snowboarding
- Wanted to be a Footballer
- Runs Basingstoke Soccer Centre
- Happiest pitch side
- Should have been a Farmer
- Favorite film, The Business
- Happiest with her horses
- Should have been a vet
- Netflix addict
- Happiest watching Greys Anatomy
- Wants to be a Surgeon
Future Managing Director
- Seriously into Minecraft
- Happiest when gaming
- Wants to be the next MD