Rafferty Resourcing are currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to work for a successful business based in the Irlam area. The role will involve growing business from an established base of customers through increasing the value of orders placed and introducing new product lines to customers. This is not a hard sales role by any means and will be working with long standing customers, building and developing relationships.
This position will be mainly office based, although from time to time you may visit customers in the local area.
- Contacting existing customers by phone and email
- Increase the value of orders placed by gaining a thorough understanding of each customer and what they sell
- Building long-term relationships with customers to ensure repeat business and continued business growth
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer records in the company database
- Place all customer orders on the order management system
- Assisting the wider team with managing incoming calls from customers which may consist of taking orders, answering stock queries and arranging delivery
- Develop extensive product, industry and customer knowledge
- Visiting customers as necessary to develop relationships and drive account growth
- Previous account management or business development experience
- Confident telephone manner, happy to talk to customers over the phone
- First class customer service skills – ability to demonstrate going the extra mile
- Good PC skills, previous experience of using Word and Excel in the workplace
The business offers good training and development opportunities, in addition to office hours, no weekend working and an unbeatable benefits package.
- Wellness programs
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Hours of work are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Pension scheme, eye care and life insurance
- Starting salary £21500
Keywords: sales; account management; customer service; business development;