A well-established and reputable employer is seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager, preferably with a manufacturing background, to join their long-standing workforce. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse which included grinding, cutting, material handling, storage, and dispatch.
Our client is offering is offering a generous remuneration package that includes a highly competitive salary and great company benefits.
- Managing, motivating, and mentoring a team of up to 18 FTE, including two supervisors
- Leading by example creating a culture in line with company expectations
- Ensure that the department controls are effective in ensuring that all products sent meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ensure all warehouse documents and regulatory requirements are correctly recorded, controlled and maintained; consistently reviewing and improving all documentation, processes and controls to enable effective and robust systems
- Act as the warehouse primary point of contact on all matters
- Manage workflow
- Manage the workforce; including holding probationary meetings, disciplinary and grievance meetings, back to work meetings, and sickness & absence paperwork
- Achieve and maintain a level of performance that is defined through agreed KPI measures and the appraisal system
- Pro-actively pursue excellence to improve customer service and attract new business.
- Ability to motivate and revitalise the department’s contribution towards service levels and improvements systems
- Proactively lead measurable continuous improvement initiatives and report on their progress
- Measure performance and ensure that it is accurately and routinely reported
- Setting and controlling the annual budget for the department
- Implement, execute, measure and report on matters of health and safety
- Applicants must have previous leadership experience within a manufacturing environment and be able to demonstrate proven success in leading and motivating a team
- Knowledge of grinding and cutting tools would be an advantage
- Health and safety regulations awareness
- Strong and effective communication including verbal and nonverbal
- Exceptional organisation with an attention to detail
- Driven to meet deadlines in line with compliance
- A team player and willingness to get stuck in
- Proactive approach to getting things done
- Excellent with IT particularly in Microsoft Office; Excel and PowerPoint
- Daytime hours Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 33 days holiday including BH
- 2x Life Assurance Benefit
- BUPA Health cover
- Travel insurance for employee and spouse
- 7% company contribution to pension.
For more information and to apply please visit https://www.indeed.co.uk/job/warehouse-manager-a93470123e7b01ae