Starting over always seems daunting, for some the idea is inconceivable, but maybe embracing change in 2021 isn’t such a bad thing. It is an opportunity to look at what you have, what you like about your life and what you would like to change.
For many years work was my number one priority. It came before my family, my health and more importantly my happiness. I didn’t know what a normal evening looked like and something as simple as a short holiday became a chore. I didn’t chose to reset my life, it happened and I had to deal with it. At the time I thought it was the end of the world, but looking back it was the making of me.
Top tips for when you’re ready to skip to the good bit …..
- Put your profession to the back of your head and think about what living your best life looks like
- What does happiness look like for you
- Who is in your life and what role do you play in theirs
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time & do you do enough of it
- Do you need work, life, balance to achieve any of the above and if so what does that look like
- What do you need to be earning and can you compromise
Once you have a clear idea you can start putting a plan into place. This may mean retraining, taking a step back or it may mean putting your foot on the accelerator. Regardless of which one it is, embracing change in 2021 isn’t such a bad thing and everything is possible if you set your mind to it.
If you are thinking about switching roles in 2021 take a look at what our candidate registration process involves visit: http://www.raffertyresourcing.com /candidate-care
Watch this space for our new Career Coaching service – coming very soon!